- Rich source of B-vitamins, minerals like calcium, iron, Zinc, potassium
- Low glycemic index food
- Good source of slow digestion carbohydrates and dietary fiber
- It takes longer for glucose to enter the bloodstream and hence blood sugar level are stable
- Rich in phenolic compound that show antioxidant activity
- An excellent source of iron. One serving (30 g) can provide 16% of the daily iron needs for an adult man
- Gluten free. It makes up for the lack of whole grain fiber in celiac (gluten-free) diets.
- Rich source of the essential amino acids Histidine, Methionine, and Phenylalanine.